Source - ABC news
Dwayne Bravo has launched an emotional attack on the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB), saying "too much politics is killing our cricket".
Bravo was stripped of the side's one-day international captaincy a year ago before being left out of the West Indies' World Cup squad, despite being one of the best players in the region.
The snubbing came after the West Indies left India mid-tour due to contract issues.
Bravo has not played an ODI since, while he retired from Test cricket in January due to frustration over a lack of communication with selectors — he had not pulled on the whites for his country since 2010.
The all-rounder, who will represent the Melbourne Renegades in the Big Bash League alongside fellow former Windies Test cricketer Chris Gayle, lamented the sorry state of affairs.
We've got the players to be up there with the best in the world but there's a lot of things going on.
- Bravo said on Wednesday.
"Those in charge have to look into themselves."
We don't have proper grounds, proper nets or a proper academy. All these things are a part of our downfall.
Bravo said despite wanting to play Test cricket again earlier this year, he was now no longer interested.
"Until earlier this year, I was still interested to play Test cricket but I have yet to hear anything from any selector, what their plans are for me, what my position is," said 32-year-old Bravo, who has played 40 Tests.
"I just decided it's time to move on with my life and try to channel my energy in different places.
"I would have loved the opportunity to play Test cricket again but since being dropped back in 2010 I never got the chance and I just decided to call it a day."
Despite this and his row with the board, he has not given up hope of again playing the shorter forms of the game at international level.
"I'm not shutting down my opportunities to represent the West Indies, I still 100 per cent want to play for the West Indies in one-day internationals and T20s," he said.