From the coaching manual
Sunday, 13 November 2011 17:13
Contributed by I3J3 Cricket
- Thou shalt fell the stumps, and anything before it.
- Thou shalt serve your duty in terrifying the cowards under the hoods of helmets and behind guards and swords, with bare hands.
- Thou shalt run up as long as you wish, it is the prequel to awesomeness.
- Michael Holding is a God. Thou shalt worship anybody with brutal pace and lethality.
- Thou shalt vow to be merciless. Brian Close’s chest is the bull’s eye.
- Thou shalt remind the batsmen, they are over-rated. Bowlers swing better than batsmen.
- Thou shalt feel sorry for batsmen, but only after thou becometh the one they fear.
- Thou shalt employ verbal torture. Thou can’t talk for long after he is out.
- Thou shalt do away with fielders. Keeper and umpires suffice.
- Every wicket deserves a celebration, for, a soul leaving the holy land of the pitch deserves a send-off.
(This article first appeared at http://i3j3cricket.com/2011/11/12/the-ten-fastments/)